Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: 750 Kat

  1. #11
    Senior Member WA patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    south west Aust.
    Posts
    509
    there was a katana 750 SE pop - up headlight model $3500 east lismore on gum tree mid may if that helps but ya gotta ask yaself will you be happy with a 75 hp 750 ?when there are 111hp 1100"s out there.

  2. #12
    Senior Member NSW Nick Kakasiouris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Kings Langley N.S.W. Australia
    Posts
    1,548
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick View Post
    there was a katana 750 SE pop - up headlight model $3500 east lismore on gum tree mid may if that helps but ya gotta ask yaself will you be happy with a 75 hp 750 ?when there are 111hp 1100"s out there.
    Gidday Pat, i am lucky to have an '84 Pop up and '83 750 S2 and two 1100 an '81 and '85 and at no time did i ask myself about the horse power as like you it is a great motorcycle and i was in a position to purchase them. In saying that all my Kats have had allot of money spent on them and i still keep a watch for other 750 or 1100 including the 1000 and hope to keep enjoying riding this wonderful motorcycle.
    Nick
    You always meet a better class of people who ride and enjoy Motorcycling

  3. #13
    Hi All

    Thanks for the feedback, I am going out to look at a lot of box's Wednesday next week and now have a firm price idea in my mind.

    As for the power of a 750 v 1100
    I currently own
    1981 650 Shaft Drive Katana
    1982 650 Shaft Drive Katana
    1983 650 Shaft Drive Katana
    1984 750 Popup Katana's x 2
    1985 750 Popup Katana
    1983 1100 Katana

    for me this purchase is about adding to my collection as my final aim is to have only 1 each of the 650, 750 (both models), 1000 and 1100

    and the journey to get there, some must be sold so that others can be purchased.

    Cheers All

    Stuart
    Previous Rides - 1981 650 Katana, 1988 GPz750R
    Current Rides - 1981 650 Katana, 1982 650 Katana, 1983 650 Katana, 2 x 1984 750 Katana (Darkside), 1985 750 Katana (Darkside), 1983 1100 Katana
    Donor bike 1981 650 Katana

  4. #14
    Senior Member CAN odin1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    551
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Kakasiouris View Post
    Gidday Pat, i am lucky to have an '84 Pop up and '83 750 S2 and two 1100 an '81 and '85 and at no time did i ask myself about the horse power as like you it is a great motorcycle and i was in a position to purchase them. In saying that all my Kats have had allot of money spent on them and i still keep a watch for other 750 or 1100 including the 1000 and hope to keep enjoying riding this wonderful motorcycle.
    Nick
    Quote Originally Posted by minus45 View Post
    Hi All

    Thanks for the feedback, I am going out to look at a lot of box's Wednesday next week and now have a firm price idea in my mind.

    As for the power of a 750 v 1100
    I currently own
    1981 650 Shaft Drive Katana
    1982 650 Shaft Drive Katana
    1983 650 Shaft Drive Katana
    1984 750 Popup Katana's x 2
    1985 750 Popup Katana
    1983 1100 Katana

    for me this purchase is about adding to my collection as my final aim is to have only 1 each of the 650, 750 (both models), 1000 and 1100

    and the journey to get there, some must be sold so that others can be purchased.

    Cheers All

    Stuart
    Those are some nice collections guys. If it was all about hp, we all would be ridding GSXR's and Hayabusa's.
    Sometimes when you fall in shit, you get up smelling like roses.

  5. #15
    Senior Member WA patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    south west Aust.
    Posts
    509

    750<1100

    Attachment 3756congrats on the collection so far ,and good luck with that.as a weekly commuter I prefer the 1100's bottom end plus the extra top end ,cheers

  6. #16
    Moderator QLD drillit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Northside, Brisbane
    Posts
    1,234
    Quote Originally Posted by odin1 View Post
    Those are some nice collections guys. If it was all about hp, we all would be ridding GSXR's and Hayabusa's.
    .....if it was all about horsepower - we would all be riding "stock" Kats with "fake" Yoshi stickers! ��

  7. #17
    Senior Member NSW Nick Kakasiouris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Kings Langley N.S.W. Australia
    Posts
    1,548
    Quote Originally Posted by drillit View Post
    .....if it was all about horsepower - we would all be riding "stock" Kats with "fake" Yoshi stickers! ��
    Hey Derek, received an sms earlier and ye old 7fiddy is at tweed heads having breaky and all good and should be at my place about 7.00pm. Go Ironbutt
    You always meet a better class of people who ride and enjoy Motorcycling

  8. #18
    Moderator QLD drillit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Northside, Brisbane
    Posts
    1,234
    Yip. Spoke with him this morning. He is on the ESD.

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by drillit View Post
    .....if it was all about horsepower - we would all be riding "stock" Kats with "fake" Yoshi stickers! ��
    Amazing how much extra power that fake sticker gives you....

    Peter had a bad run to the airport in Melbourne and was lucky to arrive at my place around 10:45pm, after fitting the sheepskin and then the cruise control, it was around midnight, we decided that he should stay at my place to give him more rest.

    After a cup of tea and a chat, Peter left just before 6am, the ESD started easily and sounded great so I don't think there will be any problems.

  10. #20
    Senior Member WA patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    south west Aust.
    Posts
    509
    looks like I hit a nerve aye ,no prize for second aye ,besides I also like the two tone 1100 seat aye with the sweid, ya

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •