Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Senior Member NSW GSX1100dreamn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    West Ryde Sydney
    Posts
    432

    Its gotta be fast but comfortable.

    A ton (literally) of accessories https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skuF...ature=youtu.be The panniers are for sale on Japan Yahoo.

  2. #2
    Senior Member QLD muddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Sunshine Coast
    Posts
    136
    Everybody to their own, but what a shame.

  3. #3
    Senior Member QLD
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Hawthorne qld
    Posts
    246
    Hang on that's the lens outa my old ski goggles! With all that Weight on the back he wouldn't want to crack that throttle to hard with that mud guard.

  4. #4
    Senior Member NSW Nick Kakasiouris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Kings Langley N.S.W. Australia
    Posts
    1,608
    My 87 Katana was imported from Japan by Old Gold Motorcycles and has the frame bracing a big bore kit and all the good gear and she gets up and goes. Have a look on my photo attachment.
    Nick
    You always meet a better class of people who ride and enjoy Motorcycling

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Kakasiouris View Post
    My 87 Katana was imported from Japan by Old Gold Motorcycles and has the frame bracing a big bore kit and all the good gear and she gets up and goes. Have a look on my photo attachment.
    Nick
    You may know, but I post a comment for reference.

    SBEs were produced by a special order to Suzuki from a leading Suzuki dealer whose name was Seiwa Motors. So SBEs were called also "Seiwa limited" in Japan. Seiwa Motors is bankrupt and does not exist now. All SBEs were for sell in Japan and manufactured as imported motorcycles of Australian specification because motorcycles with over 750 cc were not sold pass through normal sells route on voluntary restraints by japanese 4 makers. Due to the strong yen, the price of one SBE at that time was 790,000 yen. The SBEs were fitted with a genuine muffler of a different type from the standard. The production numbers and frame numbers of SBEs are described in detail here: https://www.facebook.com/gsx1100sbe

    sbe.jpg
    Last edited by GSX1100SXZ.JP; 09-06-19 at 03:43 PM.

  6. #6
    Senior Member NSW Nick Kakasiouris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Kings Langley N.S.W. Australia
    Posts
    1,608
    Quote Originally Posted by GSX1100SXZ.JP View Post
    You may know, but I post a comment for reference.

    SBEs were produced by a special order to Suzuki from a leading Suzuki dealer whose name was Seiwa Motors. So SBEs were called also "Seiwa limited" in Japan. Seiwa Motors is bankrupt and does not exist now. All SBEs were for sell in Japan and manufactured as imported motorcycles of Australian specification because motorcycles with over 750 cc were not sold pass through normal sells route on voluntary restraints by japanese 4 makers. Due to the strong yen, the price of one SBE at that time was 790,000 yen. The SBEs were fitted with a genuine muffler of a different type from the standard. The production numbers and frame numbers of SBEs are described in detail here: https://www.facebook.com/gsx1100sbe

    sbe.jpg
    Thanks for the information.
    Nick
    You always meet a better class of people who ride and enjoy Motorcycling

  7. #7
    Moderator QLD Shin-Ken 1074's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    S.E. QLD Australia
    Posts
    3,085
    Thank you for the link to the SBE Japan site Takahiro San. Yes, the SBE was a one off custom order for Seiwa Motors. This custom order resulted in the SBE being a very low production model and the rarest of all Katana 1100 produced by Suzuki. Some sources in Japan believe less than 100 SBE were built.

    Cheers.
    Badgezz, we don need nor stinkin' badgezz!

  8. #8
    Senior Member NSW Nick Kakasiouris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Kings Langley N.S.W. Australia
    Posts
    1,608
    Quote Originally Posted by Shin-Ken 1074 View Post
    Thank you for the link to the SBE Japan site Takahiro San. Yes, the SBE was a one off custom order for Seiwa Motors. This custom order resulted in the SBE being a very low production model and the rarest of all Katana 1100 produced by Suzuki. Some sources in Japan believe less than 100 SBE were built.

    Cheers.
    Thanks Shin-Ken and i know my SBE has a Big Bore Kit and the guys at Old Gold have said to me the only way to find out what size the motor is the head most be removed and the bore to be measured.
    I will do that one day as before i was taken out at Eastern Creek raceway i had the SBE on normal rego and what a ballistic Katana.
    Nick
    You always meet a better class of people who ride and enjoy Motorcycling

  9. #9
    Thanks for the information.
    Nick
    Thank you for the link to the SBE Japan site Takahiro San. Yes, the SBE was a one off custom order for Seiwa Motors. This custom order resulted in the SBE being a very low production model and the rarest of all Katana 1100 produced by Suzuki. Some sources in Japan believe less than 100 SBE were built.

    Cheers.
    You are welcome.

    According to this site (https://www.facebook.com/gsx1100sbe), the production number of SBEs is 240 and the frame numbers are from GS110X-101600 to GS110X-101840. Incidentally, the production number of SAEs is 195 and the frame numbers are from GS110X-101404 to GS110X-101599. The SAE was custom order for SUZUKI WORLD which is a leading Suzuki dealer in Japan.

    Cheers Takahiro

  10. #10
    Senior Member NSW Nick Kakasiouris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Kings Langley N.S.W. Australia
    Posts
    1,608
    Quote Originally Posted by GSX1100SXZ.JP View Post
    You are welcome.

    According to this site (https://www.facebook.com/gsx1100sbe), the production number of SBEs is 240 and the frame numbers are from GS110X-101600 to GS110X-101840. Incidentally, the production number of SAEs is 195 and the frame numbers are from GS110X-101404 to GS110X-101599. The SAE was custom order for SUZUKI WORLD which is a leading Suzuki dealer in Japan.

    Cheers Takahiro
    Thanks Takahiro San.
    Nick
    I spoke once again with the team that brought my SBE from Japan to Australia and they have said my Katana is a 1260 engine.
    You always meet a better class of people who ride and enjoy Motorcycling

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •