Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 83
  1. #21
    Senior Member WA ThomasJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Golden Bay WA
    Posts
    1,473
    Quote Originally Posted by darkside View Post
    Not to be confused with the popup one..

    Fingers crossed I might have a new apprentice.
    Spot on John, not a 750 popup but an 1981 750 frame and 1983 1100 motor with GSXR front and rear ends.

    And most certainly a new apprentice......

    Quote Originally Posted by Shin-Ken 1074 View Post
    Yes Darklord, I am sure it will come to pass, and very soon!
    Time did move quickly

    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasJ View Post
    Now this all sounds interesting.......................
    Quote Originally Posted by Shin-Ken 1074 View Post
    Very interesting indeed.
    The outfit is on it's way to WA.

    I must thank Ian and Glen for going up to Toowoomba to cast their eyes over the outfit for me; the more eyes the better especially for something like this.

    And John for all the information and putting up with my sometimes dumb questions. The reading material you sent me is invaluable; "let my apprenticeship begin". Thanks John.

    Plus huge thanks to Ian and Suzie for having to put up with me.

    Wonderful to catch up Ian, Suzie and Glen.

    When the outfit arrives I will post some better shots.

    Tom

  2. #22
    Moderator QLD
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Keperra, Queensland
    Posts
    3,327
    Wow you move quick Tom! Glad you got the deal done! I gotta say that's pretty cool now I've seen all the pic's.

    Looking forward to some better ones and a report on how she goes once she arrives.
    1984 Katana 7/11 - done at last!

    1982 GS450E - not quite stock

  3. #23
    From some of the angles the RG rear end looks pretty good.

    Nige

  4. #24
    Moderator QLD Shin-Ken 1074's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    S.E. QLD Australia
    Posts
    3,085
    Hi Tom, it was a pleasure Kat-ching up again and I enjoyed the day cruising around in the 6.2 lt. Yes, moving fast on this deal was a wise move and it helped that the write-up and photo were low key and didn't attract too much attention from the punters. Anyone looking at the set-up and the quality work would have grabbed it on the spot, 1st mouse wins this time!

    Cheers.
    Badgezz, we don need nor stinkin' badgezz!

  5. #25
    The chair even looks stars wars ish!
    HKSI


    "But what would I know, I cant even diagnose a vacuum leak"

  6. #26
    Please tell me you're going to ditch the 'mural' on the chair at least

  7. #27
    Senior Member WA ThomasJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Golden Bay WA
    Posts
    1,473
    Quote Originally Posted by peteGSX View Post
    Wow you move quick Tom! Glad you got the deal done! I gotta say that's pretty cool now I've seen all the pic's.

    Looking forward to some better ones and a report on how she goes once she arrives.
    Had to move quick Pete. I was concerned that if someone else realised what it was and where I would miss out. I actually missed the 750 Darkside that Cam Donald by just 5 minutes and have had a couple of importers searching for me for a while with no luck.

    Quote Originally Posted by nige501 View Post
    From some of the angles the RG rear end looks pretty good.

    Nige
    Interesting, the guy I purchased it from said front and rear is GSXR. When it arrives I will post more pictures as I would like to clearly I identify all parts etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shin-Ken 1074 View Post
    Hi Tom, it was a pleasure Kat-ching up again and I enjoyed the day cruising around in the 6.2 lt. Yes, moving fast on this deal was a wise move and it helped that the write-up and photo were low key and didn't attract too much attention from the punters. Anyone looking at the set-up and the quality work would have grabbed it on the spot, 1st mouse wins this time!

    Cheers.
    It was brilliant you see you guys. Pity I was in so much of a rush. And, brilliant it was a poor ad.

    Quote Originally Posted by darkside View Post
    The chair even looks stars wars ish!
    Well................. it looks something. Ish is right; it looks ishie!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by gtboy View Post
    Please tell me you're going to ditch the 'mural' on the chair at least
    To be honest, I don't really warm to the mural. It has been airbrushed. I get what the artist was trying to do but just does not really work for me. It does need something on the back as it is a huge area. It was damaged on the left hand side on Monday so needs to go to paint and I will make my mind up before I goes. Maybe replace with a very large Katana emblem.

  8. #28
    Senior Member QLD
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    MARGARITAVILLE GARAGE and KAT HOUSE. WALLOON. sunny SEQLD
    Posts
    1,007
    G'day all, Have been busy till now (sue's birthday). She's gone into town, so I've grabbed a moment to do the important stuff. Tom an absolute pleasure having you over and yes the outfit is something else, appears to be very well engineered and very stylish, mate you did well and you were grinning like the KAT that ate the canary!....cheers mate till next time, regards Ian
    .
    .PS....John,I didn't respond as I thought it would be inappropriate to steel TOM's thunder.
    Last edited by 83KAT; 01-09-16 at 12:54 PM.

  9. #29
    Yep that looks about right for the rear. I meant to write RGV (250) which is very similar.

    Nige

  10. #30
    Senior Member WA ThomasJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Golden Bay WA
    Posts
    1,473
    Quote Originally Posted by nige501 View Post
    Yep that looks about right for the rear. I meant to write RGV (250) which is very similar.

    Nige
    Can you confirm the forks front the pictures?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •