Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27
  1. #11
    As a comparo, I know it goes against the grain, but I just managed to purchase a quite nice 2010 model Hayabusa for $9.5K:




    180HP+ and 300km/h comes cheaply it would seem...
    I know which bike I'd ride to Phillip Island and back.

    Either 'Busas are as cheap as chips or Katanas are becoming waaaaay overpriced.

  2. #12
    Senior Member QLD
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    MARGARITAVILLE GARAGE and KAT HOUSE. WALLOON. sunny SEQLD
    Posts
    1,007
    You can "restore" anything and bring it up nice and presentable BUT it is the original survivor bikes that will always command the BIG dollars....AS THEY SAY "THERE ONLY ORIGINAL ONCE"

  3. #13
    Senior Member WA ThomasJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Golden Bay WA
    Posts
    1,475
    Quote Originally Posted by 83KAT View Post
    You can "restore" anything and bring it up nice and presentable BUT it is the original survivor bikes that will always command the BIG dollars....AS THEY SAY "THERE ONLY ORIGINAL ONCE"
    That is a really good point you have Ian.

    With auction values worldwide the original surviving vehicles complete with patina and the dust are generally fetching a higher price that something that has been restored. It is also a fact that unless it is something very very special, restoration generally loose money when compared to the cost of the resto.

    Katana's need enthusiasts not capitalist opportunism! And that what this site is about "the Katana enthusiast". (well, my opinion anyway)
    Last edited by ThomasJ; 30-10-15 at 07:54 PM.
    Preservation before restoration - they are only original once

  4. #14
    Senior Member WA ThomasJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Golden Bay WA
    Posts
    1,475
    Quote Originally Posted by gtboy View Post
    As a comparo, I know it goes against the grain, but I just managed to purchase a quite nice 2010 model Hayabusa for $9.5K:




    180HP+ and 300km/h comes cheaply it would seem...
    I know which bike I'd ride to Phillip Island and back.

    Either 'Busas are as cheap as chips or Katanas are becoming waaaaay overpriced.
    And I like the Busa! Looks great.
    Preservation before restoration - they are only original once

  5. #15
    Senior Member NSW Tomcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Sydney's Northern Beaches
    Posts
    1,556
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasJ View Post
    Katana's need enthusiasts not capitalist opportunism! And that what this site is about "the Katana enthusiast". (well, my opinion anyway)
    Well put Thomas, +1 from me.

    I think you all make good points, even if some are only from your point of view. And by the way, I'd love a 2013 Busa ( DON'T JUDGE ME! )

    I don't think any of us are looking to retire on the financial windfall of seling our Kat's and most more worry about the effects high prices have on attracting other like minded enthuthiests or god forbide the cost of replacing one that passes away.

    personally, i want them to be desired, valued and have value.
    am sure if you took a look at prices being asked for E-typ jag's and comments on the respective forums you may find a similarty.

    as was posted, it will only fectch what someone is willing to pay. and the seller will only accept what they think it is worth to them.

    can see this being a Deep & Meaning full discussion around the BBQ at 35th

    and thats my $1.21 including GST

  6. #16
    Senior Member NSW Nick Kakasiouris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Kings Langley N.S.W. Australia
    Posts
    1,608
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat View Post
    Well put Thomas, +1 from me.

    I think you all make good points, even if some are only from your point of view. And by the way, I'd love a 2013 Busa ( DON'T JUDGE ME! )

    I don't think any of us are looking to retire on the financial windfall of seling our Kat's and most more worry about the effects high prices have on attracting other like minded enthuthiests or god forbide the cost of replacing one that passes away.

    personally, i want them to be desired, valued and have value.
    am sure if you took a look at prices being asked for E-typ jag's and comments on the respective forums you may find a similarty.

    as was posted, it will only fectch what someone is willing to pay. and the seller will only accept what they think it is worth to them.

    can see this being a Deep & Meaning full discussion around the BBQ at 35th

    and thats my $1.21 including GST
    Hey Stuart my 2013 Busa, tease-teaseClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Hayabusa with Yoshi R22 4 into 1 001.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	98.4 KB 
ID:	4203
    You always meet a better class of people who ride and enjoy Motorcycling

  7. #17
    Senior Member NSW Tomcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Sydney's Northern Beaches
    Posts
    1,556
    Yes, I know Nick!

    But that gear rack on the back must either slow you down or make front end lift-off at speed easier

  8. #18
    Senior Member NSW Nick Kakasiouris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Kings Langley N.S.W. Australia
    Posts
    1,608
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat View Post
    Yes, I know Nick!

    But that gear rack on the back must either slow you down or make front end lift-off at speed easier
    Na mate a have the two zip up bags that give it a more air flow feel and she travels at speed just fine,
    You always meet a better class of people who ride and enjoy Motorcycling

  9. #19
    Senior Member WA ThomasJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Golden Bay WA
    Posts
    1,475
    Quote Originally Posted by 83KAT View Post
    No need to stress anymore....the adds been removed
    It's Back!

    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SUZUKI-KA...kAAOSw5VFWJtVV
    Preservation before restoration - they are only original once

  10. #20
    Senior Member WA patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    south west Aust.
    Posts
    524
    you think thats bad he also has a GS 1000 et somthing for forteen and a half , this must be where the guy with the ski mask gets his ideas for trying to sell pressure pak can mongrel black cat for 5 k,jezus fuck me gently.
    Last edited by patrick; 31-10-15 at 11:47 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •